We have made necessary updates to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. You can view the full details here: Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. The new terms and privacy policy go into effect on August 10th 2016, your continued use of myMoleskine confirms your agreement to these terms. If you have any questions please contact us at: privacy@moleskine.com. close
Skip to toolbar

Happily, I was able to get out for a ride today, despite the chill. I was bundled up in layers; as I pedaled I found myself peeling one layer after another – ten or fifteen miles from home I turned down a road I’ve passed before but never taken. Figuring to explore it, and perhaps shed one more garment, I came upon an abandoned house. As the light of day changed from cheery to gloom, I decide that here was a subject worth stopping for. The temps were in the upper 20’s or low 30’s, but I had to peel out of my gloves to have any dexterity whatsoever in my fingers.

At the moment I’m carrying a Pilot Varsity disposable fountain pen (water soluble), a Pelikan Techno-Liner (permanent), a pencil and kneaded eraser, and a small travel brush. I’ve a water bottle on my bike that provides the minimal amount of moisture needed to activate the water soluble ink, and simply squirt a tiny bit onto the brush to move it around on the page. I love to experiment with various sketchbook papers; for my recent sketching, the pricey Moleskin watercolor book yields nice results that dry very quickly.

Nose running like a faucet, I hopped on my Boulder, kit stowed, and continued on my merry way.

Style and type
More posts from the same author...

Comments

@

Not recently active