Ok

This website uses tracking cookies and also third-party tracking cookies in order to send you targeted advertising and online services in line with your preferences. If you would like to know more or to disallow all or some cookies, click here. If you continue to navigate on this website you implicitly consent to the use of cookies.

We have made necessary updates to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. You can view the full details here: Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. The new terms and privacy policy go into effect on August 10th 2016, your continued use of myMoleskine confirms your agreement to these terms. If you have any questions please contact us at: privacy@moleskine.com. close

There are numerous examples of packaged or DIY pen loops that are made to hold your pen on the open side of your moleskine, but it has been pointed out that it doesn't go well with the closing elastic band on this side. Plus, with a soft cover such as mine, the open side will bend easily and the pen won't feel really secure.

That's why I tried to adapt the concept of those pen loops to the other, more rigid side of the notebook.

I didn't think to take picture during the process, but it is rather straightforward, you can easily get it right on the first try!

All you need is

• A small piece of elastic band (or any other material you like)
  • Some duct tape
  • A small box cutter/exacto knife

First, just cut two small slots on the front and the back of the cover, so you can pass the elastic band through them.

Then, when your loop is placed, leaving enough room to put a pen but not too muuch or it will just fall, tape the extremities of the elastic band on the insides of the cover 

This is actually similar to the way the closing elastic band is fixed on the cover

What I really like about this hack, and what decided me to share it with you, is that there is noting taped on the outside of the notebook, it is not obviously a DIY solution and feels like the moleskine was designed that way in the first place.

I haven't really tried it yet, but my pen feels quite secure in there, and I hope this will hold until my notebook is filled (I'm already more than halfway through it, I don't think I would've tried this hack on a brand new one…)

Hacks category
Tags

Comments

@

Not recently active